Followers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Everyman Project Day 1



Okay, so I've come to the conclusion that doing this experiment might not be as hard to handle as I thought, but then again, we're only on day 1 here.

Last night was my first night with only a three hour core sleep. Of course, it was a little difficult staying up between the end of my core sleep and the nap I took at 7:00, however, I'm sure that this is only going to get worse.

Good news about it though, is that I actually got some significant work done. I updated some of the blog layout, I watched a very intriguing move called Jerome Bixby's The Man from Earth
 and I read up on Alcubierre’s Warp Bubble. Fascinating stuff. I wanted to push myself intellectually for a couple of reasons last night.

1) To sustain wakefulness, I needed focus.

2) Nothing passes time like physics!

3) I wanted to see how well I retained memory.

Good news, I remember almost every detail about last night’s little foray into over tiredness, including the details about Alcubierre and his illogical theory on warp speed. This is a lucky factor for me as I’m still attending school, and I’m not exactly sure how I could handle not knowing things in time for tests on account of my experiment.

Another pro, I woke up from my nap this morning feeling incredibly rejuvenated. It was like I’d slept for a couple of hours. I think this might be on account of my body already triggering REM sleep just a little bit more quickly that usual. I had quite the vivid dream during the little nap! However, I’m sure this could also be on account of my just starting the experiment.

More insights to come as the day progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment