Followers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Houston We have a Sleeper

My schedule is a very busy one, not usually allowing any set time where I can be home and in bed, or alone and in bed period, being that at around 8 – 9 o’clock I’m out and with friends. For the sake of the experiment, the weekend parties could be given up temporarily, or I could possibly take a nap at the earlier times just to get through these thirty days, however, negotiating the noon time nap might also be an issue. Napping at school is one of the more difficult things I’ve tried to do. Trying to find a private place to lay my head down in the midst of busting crowds is one of the things that innerves me quite deeply. The Library, once again is a possible solace, and chances are, I’m going to try out that venue tomorrow.

There has been a minor set back, in that I slept a total of five hours last night, having a core of 4 hours and over sleeping my nap this morning. It is a slight set back; however, I was not able to get either of my naps today. Thursday: it is the sole reason I can’t sleep at 4 o’clock every day. I have to teach guitar, across town, every Thursday by 4:30pm, as I get off school at 3:30, this leaves virtually no window of opportunity for a well placed nap until nearly seven thirty in the evening. I think this may be a little far from the normal 4:00, therefore I’m proposing moving my normally 4 o’clock nap to after supper at 5:30, or six, therefore, pushing it, but not crucifying myself every Thursday when I lay my head down to sleep. The only issue with this 5:30 nap may be Sundays, but I can’t see too many problems arising.

Soon, I’ll make a complete assessment of my schedule and start into part two of the polyphasic sleep experiment, successful time management. I’ll be making a bodied schedule of how I’ll be spending this extra time, and letting all of you know how I will be spending these extra four hours a night. I’m assuming there’ll be a lot of writing to be done, video games, ect. My physics project will definitely need some attention, as I have nearly thirty pages to write on Alcubierre’s Warp Bubble before the next two weeks are out. This’ll be hard, actually focusing my attention on the goal, but I feel like I can get there.

I’m starting to hope that my body is going to adapt sooner than later, almost a month to adapt would probably be pretty damaging, though surprisingly enough, my marks have increased since I started depriving myself of sleep. Seems a little odd hmm?

I’ll update again tonight, however, just to let you all know, the sleep is still on.

No comments:

Post a Comment