Followers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Everyman Experiment, day 3

This is as far as I've gotten with an altered sleep schedule, and it feels wonderful.

Tonight I woke up at 4am and it was barely a struggle. This means I've forced myself into a core sleep of 4 hours with three naps through the day. This, as Adam Dincorn had suggested, is too much sleep, and right now it feels wonderful. I know some of you are probably saying "Since when was five hours sleep a day "too much sleep," But I consider it quite the deficit. I'll be working on ameliorating this in the near future, but not all too near. I have to trigger those REM sleeps before I can start cutting back my core.

Good news aside, I have some bad news. Yesterday I slept in during a nap. I might attribute this to taking it later than I did the first two days, but I could also attribute it to a weak will power and a nearly not getting up the night before. I slept from 12 - 4 that night and 9 - 10:30, this was my only sleep that day, and I made it all the way through. I even studied for a couple hours! Mind you, this is still siesta sleep, and I want to avoid the twice a day pattern as much as I can. It's an easy pattern to get sucked into, and as many people understand, a hard pattern to get out of. It's the black hole of polyphasic sleep.

Right now, my schedule stands to be a little flawed, but I'm working on it. It's going:

Core Sleep - 12 midnight
Nap 1 - 7am
Nap 2 - 12 noon
Nap 3 - 7pm

This is to accommodate a lot of things about living on residence, quiet times ect. however I'll have to change my night time nap to 6 next semester, and my morning one might not stay where it is because of how close it is to my core. If I move it to 8am, I might have a better chance of seeing the benefit of the core nap. I'll have 4 hours at night rather than 3.

All that being said, I'd like to let all of you know how much I enjoy this time I gain from adjusting my sleep pattern. I never get time to myself anymore, I live with 99 other people, so generally I'm either with one of them, studying, or spending time with my girlfriend. This leaves minimal time to just sit and write or play video games, or get my own personal study on. I enjoy it, SO MUCH. I'd encourage all of you to give the everyman a try sometime. Hit me on facebook, or on here if you need some more info on how it works, and I promise you, it's PERFECTLY safe!

Anyway, happy napping!

No comments:

Post a Comment